Aligned to the Business Analyst (L4) Apprenticeship Standard
Expert-led and developed, business analyst apprenticeship designed to equip you with the skills you’ll need for the business development.
From day one, you will have access to your tutorials and a wealth of other self-paced resources on our unique learning hub.
Each week new content will be released which you can access on-the-go, around your own schedule. These short reads, interactive modules and case studies allow you to top up your learning hours.
Our tutors are experienced change professionals who pride themselves on sharing the latest digital solutions and technologies to equip you with the knowledge to solve problems, manage stakeholders and drive effective business improvements.
Take advantage of our uniquely crafted apprenticeship that we have blended with carefully selected elements to give you a more holistic skillset, supporting you in making customer-centric decisions and giving you an edge in your role.
We deliver a unique learning experience including live simulations, collaborative workshops and industry-leading guest speakers
The principles of business analysis
- Fundamental principles of business analysis
- Organisation behaviour and building relationships
- Waterfall vs agile methodologies for project management
- Planning business analysis
- Stakeholder engagement
- Requirements engineering process
- Gathering requirements
- Identifying risks
Identifying trends and gap analysis
- Trend analysis using digital tools
- Translating trends to opportunities
- Conducting gap analysis
- Document current and future business opportunities
- Create action plans to move form current to future states
- Getting stakeholders engaged through the process
- Determine the value of data to an organisation
- Understand how to create and evaluate data
- Develop data models using tools
- Data visualisations
- Roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders throughout the process
- Apply and explain a range of requirement techniques
- Gathering and prioritising user requirements
- Identifying issues with requirements and how to improve them
- Developing a holistic set of requirements
- Principles of requirements management and its importance
- Principles of requirement validation
Test and iteration
- Purpose of test and iteration
- Phases of testing an IT system
- Different roles within the testing and iteration process
- Develop quality assurance plans
- Developing an appropriate UAT for a solution
- Determine performance criteria and measurement frameworks
Modelling business processes
- Identify, evaluate and improve business process
- Model core business activities an an organisational and processes level
- Model the actors, tasks and process flows
- Identifying and create appropriate business rules within tasks and analyse the performance
- Identify relevant performance measures
- Principles, process and roles involved in business change
- Identifying internal and external factors that influence the change process
- Business analysis approaches to identify business improvements
- Determining the elements that impact successful business change
- Processes required to deploy business change effectively
- Managing the classification, review and realisation of benefits
Upon completion of the programme you will achieve a range of internationally recognised qualifications
- School of Marketing Mastering Business Change Certificate
- Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship (assessed by BCS)
- Ability to apply to BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT for Register of IT Technicians (RITTech) level 4
How does the assessment process work?
There are five work-based assignments you must complete, which will be marked by your tutor each semester. On completion of your learning and submission of all assignments, we will support you in preparing and building your portfolio of evidence to showcase at EPA. (End Point Assessment). Guidance will be given on expectations from you at EPA as the portfolio of evidence will be discussed with your Assessor.
What additional support does SoM provide?
SoM provide a wide variety of educational resources to support you on your learning journey. Apprentices are invited to Mentoring Gen Z and Know-It sessions on Wednesdays, which are interactive sessions hosted by industry expert guest speakers.