Customer Service Practitioner
Aligned to the Customer Service (L2) Apprenticeship Standard
Expert-led and developed, customer service apprenticeship designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you’ll need to deliver an exceptional level of customer service at every point of the customer journey.
From day one, you will have access to your tutorials and a wealth of other self-paced resources on our unique learning hub.
Each week new content will be released which you can access on-the-go, around your own schedule. These short reads, interactive modules and case studies allow you to top up your learning hours.
Customer service sits at the heart of every organisation. In fact, understanding and delivering to a customer’s requirements is fundamental to the success of every business.
So its fair to say that delighting customer’s through exceptional customer service is perhaps the greatest opportunity to enhance a companies reputation, build brand, commercial success and growth. However, it also has the power to damage relationships if not managed in the right way.
Our programme is specifically designed to help you navigate these dynamics, and deliver an exceptional service and experience to your customer at every moment.
It will help you to become an expert in this area, improving customer relationships and satisfaction, whilst also identifying new opportunities for your organisation to grow and succeed.
Delivering exceptional customer service and objection handling
- Understanding organisations, customers and their expectations
- Developing product and service knowledge and objection handling
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge and turning it into an opportunity
- Being accountable for the customer
Enhancing the customer experience and creating a seamless journey
- Creating a branded customer service experience; Tone of voice and engaging in the right way
- Systems and resources to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Being open to feedback; seek out the ‘insight’ in customer conversations
- Join up with other teams to become more customer centric
Digital and social media service and selling
- Building a personal social media presence
- Nurturing prospects digitally
- Earning credibility and reputation
- Role of personal branding
- Using social listening tools to discover potential issues and complaints to overcome
Identifying sales opportunities through service online and offline
- Creating relevant conversations across social media; who, how, what, when and where
- Identifying where relevant conversations are happening
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Generating a buzz across social media and drawing people in
- Meeting regulations and legislation
Upon completion of the programme you will achieve a range of internationally recognised qualifications
- School of Marketing Customer Service certificate
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner by the Institute of Apprenticeships
- Lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at professional level
- Work towards or have achieved a Level 2 Maths and English Functional Skill qualification
How does the assessment process work?
There are five work-based assignments you must complete, which will be marked by your tutor each semester. On completion of your learning and submission of all assignments, we will support you in preparing and building your portfolio of evidence to showcase at EPA. (End Point Assessment). Guidance will be given on expectations from you at EPA as the portfolio of evidence will be discussed with your Assessor.
What additional support does SoM provide?
SoM provide a wide variety of educational resources to support you on your learning journey. Apprentices are invited to Mentoring Gen Z and Know-It sessions on Wednesdays, which are interactive sessions hosted by industry expert guest speakers.