From day one, you will have access to your tutorials and a wealth of other self-paced resources on our unique learning hub.
Each week new content will be released which you can access on-the-go, around your own schedule. These short reads, interactive modules and case studies allow you to top up your learning hours.
Marketing is vitally important to all businesses providing the insight to develop and deliver new products and services to meet ever-changing customer needs. It is the process of researching, developing, promoting and distributing, products or services through effective channels to engage with a range of target audiences.
A Marketing Executive will help shape, support and deliver marketing plans, working in conjunction with the Marketing Manager who will define the overall marketing strategy. A highly audience focused role which requires creativity, communication and project management skills – these individuals are responsible for planning and executing tactical and targeted marketing activity.
The programme lasts approximately 15 months and will equip you with the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques you will need to help shape, support and deliver marketing plans.
Fundamentals of marketing
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Developing a digital brand
- Generating customer insights and research in a digital world
- The macro environment
- Fundamentals of digital marketing
- Digital marketing through the customer journey
- Digital community building and content marketing
- Media planning
- Integrated marketing communications
Business understanding and commercial awareness
- Internal and external stakeholder management customer relationship management (CRM)
- Understanding the characteristics and plans of the business
- The sector specific legal, regulatory and compliance frameworks including the current Data Protection regulation
- Monitor project budgets within their scope of work
Planning effective creative campaigns
- Plan and deliver tactical campaigns against SMART objective
- Produce a wide range of creative and effective communications
- Project and time management
- Coordinating several marketing campaigns/projects/events to agreed deadlines
Products, channels and the marketing landscape
- Understanding the decision making process
- Basic principles of product development and product/service portfolios
- The features and benefits of different marketing communications channels and media
- Coordinate and maintain key marketing channels
- The marketing landscape and how routes to market interplay most efficiently
Marketing effectiveness and evaluation
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- How marketing contributes to achieving wider business objectives
- Manage the production and distribution of marketing materials
- Analysing marketing data
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by choosing the appropriate
digital and offline data source
Upon completion of the programme you will achieve a range of internationally recognised qualifications
- Level 4 Marketing Executive Apprenticeship
- Ability to apply to become an Affiliate Member with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
How does the assessment process work?
There are five work-based assignments you must complete, which will be marked by your tutor each semester. On completion of your learning and submission of all assignments, we will support you in preparing and building your portfolio of evidence to showcase at EPA. (End Point Assessment). Guidance will be given on expectations from you at EPA as the portfolio of evidence will be discussed with your Assessor.
What additional support does SoM provide?
SoM provide a wide variety of educational resources to support you on your learning journey. Apprentices are invited to Mentoring Gen Z and Know-It sessions on Wednesdays, which are interactive sessions hosted by industry expert guest speakers.