From day one, you will have access to your tutorials and a wealth of other self-paced resources on our unique learning hub.
Each week new content will be released which you can access on-the-go, around your own schedule. These short reads, interactive modules and case studies allow you to top up your learning hours.
Whether you have recently started a new job or you are upskilling, starting an apprenticeship is a transformational journey that will open up exciting opportunities for you.
This programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours you need to thrive in your digital marketing career.
It has been developed using extensive knowledge of the current ‘digital’ skills gap and the most effective tools available to develop our learners, to build future-ready marketers.
We have built a unique learning design model to maximise knowledge retention and skill application in an efficient manner, by combining remote learning with live simulations, workshops and expert guidance.
Fundamentals of marketing and digital marketing
- Science of Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Optimising the digital marketing funnel
- Link between the macro environment and digital marketing
- Generating consumer and competitor insights using digital channels
- Building a digital and direct to consumer brand
- Digital marketing through the customer journey
- Digital community building and content marketing
- Integrated media planning
- Linking online and offline communications
Digital content and campaign development
- Content and creative process
- Designing digital campaigns
- Creating social media content
- Community management
- Role of micro-creators and influencers
- Storytelling in a digital environment
- Working with agencies and stakeholders
- Leveraging digital content across social media
Simulation: Content Marketing
SEO and SEM
- Overview of on and off page SEO
- Search behaviour
- Key word research
- Crawlability and UX
- Site structure and keyword mapping
- Link building
- SEO strategy
- Local SEO
- Youtube SEO
- Amazon SEO
- Future of search
Paid media and performance advertising
- Writing targeted ads
- Performing strategic keyword research
- Creating high-converting landing pages
- Measuring key performance indicators
- Paid social targeting
- Ad tracking and performance
- Analysing and optimising ad performance
Simulation: Performance Marketing
Email marketing and customer lifecycle
- Customer journey mapping
- Customer relationship management
- Customer lifecycle management
- Email fundamentals
- Copywriting for email
- Email design and campaign launch
- Schedule and organize emails
- Select triggers to determine what actions will initiate email marketing sequences
- Optimize email marketing sequences based on key metrics
Digital and data analytics
- Understand the importance of strategically prioritizing digital marketing analytics projects
- Know how to effectively allocate budget to maximize profits
- Experience that vanity metrics (impressions and clicks) have limited utility and that KPIs such as ROI should be used in their place
- Expose students to various digital marketing decision-making scenarios
- Perform A/B testing and web analytics
Simulation: Digital and data analytics
Upon completion of the programme you will achieve a range of internationally recognised qualifications
- School of Marketing Mastering Digital Marketing Diploma
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship assessed by Pearson
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 certificate in Marketing Principles
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 award in Digital Marketing Business Principles
- CIW – Site Development Associate (Principles of Coding)
How does the assessment process work?
There are five work-based assignments you must complete, which will be marked by your tutor each semester. On completion of your learning and submission of all assignments, we will support you in preparing and building your portfolio of evidence to showcase at EPA. (End Point Assessment). Guidance will be given on expectations from you at EPA as the portfolio of evidence will be discussed with your Assessor.
What additional support does SoM provide?
SoM provide a wide variety of educational resources to support you on your learning journey. Apprentices are invited to Mentoring Gen Z and Know-It sessions on Wednesdays, which are interactive sessions hosted by industry expert guest speakers.