In this episode, Richard shares insights into how marketing is changing, predictions for the future of the industry and how no problem is unsolvable.
- Marketing is not double maths
- Need to be exposed to weird shit/randomness
- Balance of logic and magic
- Always root everything in the business objective
- Bring the outside in
- Passion is a winning ingredient
- Use your own experiences to guide your thinking and feeling at the beginning of the thinking journey
- Healthy conflict is important
Who is Richard Huntington?
Richard looks after the strategic output across all brands in the Saatchi & Saatchi London group. In his role as Chief Strategy Officer, he Is responsible for the intellectual output of the agency and the strategies deployed for clients.
At Saatchi & Saatchi, he has worked on clients from T-Mobile to the Labour Party to Marie Curie to HSBC while previously he worked on Sky where he helped launch Sky+ in 2003. He was promoted to the role of Chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi London in February 2017 and remains Chief Strategy Officer for the agency.