Let me tell you the 9 things we did and you can too (no matter your budget).
A year ago, we put our faith in System 1 thinking and sought to implement it in our advertising.
A year later, I want to reveal the process behind the ad that changed our course:
1. Strong emotional appeal in the ad
2. A relatable young character; our budget wouldn’t stretch to a celebrity but we thought our young man was perfect
3. Scenes in a recognisable place that was slightly mysterious and memorable, which is why we choose a wonderful antique store
4. Melodious music; we would have preferred a recognisable song but the budget would not stretch
5. Created a bond between two people, they became close, a mentor/mentee relationship
6. Used the power of storytelling that was simple yet had elements of intrigue and serendipity, using a story arch
7. Introduced a range of distinct assets throughout the ad, showcasing the School of Marketing in overt and subtle ways
8. Ended with a specific call to action
9. Tested and tweaked the creative several times.